At Ranworth Square Primary we believe that every child should aim to attend school EVERY DAY. The National Target of 97% is a guide that we use as the minimum benchmark for attendance.
96% = 8 days off in a school year
90% = 17 days off in a school year
85% = 29 days off in a school year
Half a day per week is equal to 4 weeks off in a school year
1 day per week equals 8 weeks off in a school year.
GOOD ATTENDANCE IS VERY IMPORTANT
MISSING SCHOOL IS MISSING OUT
"ATTEND AND ACHIEVE"
I thank you for your continued support.
Mr R Saunders
- First day response- Miss Jess contacts parents when a child is absent from school.
- A home visit may be made by Miss Jess and Miss Becky if contact hasn't been made.
- Our attendance team has regular meetings with the Education Welfare Officer, looking at how we can improve the attendance and what actions can be taken to ensure this.
- Miss Jess and Miss Becky arrange to collect children from their home if parents are in a dilemma.
Child friendly policy- display and ideas
There is an interactive display that is presented at the centre of the school called the ‘Attendance Garden’. Each class is given blank flower, which a petal will be coloured in if a class wins best attendance at the end of the week. When a class has a full flower coloured in, their flower will be in ‘full bloom’ allowing the children to be rewarded with a class trip.
This display board explains the attendance policy to the children, allowing them to understand what good attendance is and what they can achieve.
100% Bloomers – We award the 100% attenders with rewards, also presenting their photograph on a different display board in the main entrance. We have called our 100% attenders ‘100% Bloomers’ because these children attend school every day, therefore their own personal flowers would be in full bloom. These children are presented with a badge and certificate in assembly.
Rewards the children can gain
- Each class has an opportunity to win a termly trip to McDonalds if they achieve the best attendance.
- Arriving to school on time the children can earn dojo points.
- If a child is a 100% Bloomer for the entire school year, they can be entered into a prize draw to win a laptop or iPad.
(Please see photographs below of display boards presented at school).